Associated Waste Management, Valley Road, Shipley, BD18
General Scope of Works
- Emergency works to make site safe post major fire with hi-reach plant equipment.
- Property was built between major “live” rail line and major highway into Bradford.
- Working with the emergency services, highways department and Network rail Engineering.
- Demolition of fire damaged buildings, working closely with the client’s insurance loss adjusters and structural engineers.
Allclear Site Services having been called in to observe initially, whilst the fire was ongoing to assess the immediate works required on site to make safe post fire containment.
Commencing the works:
- Our senior management assessed the specialist plant required on site and organised transportation, including Hi-reach excavators, transportation, welfare, labour and site management.
- At the rear perimeter is the Bradford to Leeds railway line. Consideration had to be taken during the planning of the project to ensure there were no adverse effects from the demolition works to the activities of the rail network.
- We carried out the complex demolition of the weakened and damaged structures by mechanical methods making safe immediately those structures nearest to the rail line and main road after the fire was extinguished.
- After careful planning we commenced the full demolition of the various structures by mechanical methods.
- On completion of all demolition on site the team carried out the processing and removing of all relevant materials generated through the works.
- Recycling of all waste where possible, generated by the fire including all structural steel work throughout the site.
Download Case Study