Former Clayton Hospital, Wentworth Street, Northgate, Wakefield, WF1 3JS
Demolition of a former hospital site in Wakefield, inclusive of demolition, salvage of commemorative features, removal of hardstanding’s, crushing and removal of deleterious materials off site.
General Scope of Works
- Site Establishment
- Soft Strip Works
- Careful salvage of commemorative features
- Demolition of Superstructures
- Demolition of Superstructure
- Grubbing up of existing hardstanding’s
- Retention of central pavilion
- Stone up existing apertures at ground level
- Removal of Waste arising
- Crushing of Demolition Masonry arising
- Fill basement voids with crush material.
- Clear Site
- Site Handover
Commencing the works:
- We assessed the specialist plant required on site, and organised transportation of same, including Hi-reach excavators, transportation, welfare, labour, and site management.
- Liaising with local authority and preparing relevant notices / permits / Section 80/81 Demolition notices etc.
- Interaction with service providers (utility companies) to facilitate their works.
- Carried out the temporary works to facilitate the specialist contractors required on site (asbestos removal / pigeon guano removal).