Former HMRC Building – Salford Quays, M50 3AZ
General Scope of Works
- Full strip out of building back to structure for redevelopment.
- Removal of full redundant plant to roof area by way of Hi-reach crane extraction.
- All works were carried out on site within a busy commercial centre location, a transport movement programme having been developed to ascertain minimal disruption to vehicle traffic and the general public
- Allclear undertook the Principal Contractors role for the whole project.
Allclear Site Services having secured the project in Salford by successfully tendering the works on site.
Commencing the works:
- We carried out a full major soft strip throughout the site for redevelopment by the client and their specialist interior fit out teams.
- The plant on the roof top space was isolated by others; we then dismantled, made ready, for extraction of all plant to the roof area by a qualified crane company.
- Removal of passenger lifts back to bare shafts was carried out across the site.
- Using street closures and traffic marshalls to seal off the exclusion zone whilst the lowering of all plant was carried out safely and with no issues, all plant was transported off site using our in-house transport team.
- Allclear were able to meet our stringent target of the recycling of all building materials off site.
- The result was a fully completed project on time, on budget and with zero health, safety or environmental incidents
Download Case Study