Spofforth C of E Primary School, Harrogate, HG3 1BA
Demolition of the former West Riding Unit, inclusive of working on a live school site situated in a conservation area. We had to deal with time constraints, working around live services, and working closely with an Ecologist as bats were present on site and needed re-homing.
General Scope of Works
- Carrying out works within a conservation area.
- Hand removal of external fabric (roof soffits) in the presence of an Ecologist (Bat Specialist) working from within a tower scaffold.
- Soft strip works across the unit.
- Hand separation works as the building being demolished was attached to a live school that was to remain in use throughout our works.
- Mechanical demolition of the unit.
- Removal of slabs and foundations.
- Removal of all deleterious materials off site to the relevant licensed waste facility.
Commencing the works:
- The school was live so extreme care was taken when carrying out our works / entering / exiting site.
- Access / egress was time restricted due to pupil’s presence and school drop off / pick up times.
- Live services on site to avoid / protect whist demolition works were underway.
- Working closely with an Ecologist to ensure the protecting of bats.
- Carried out the temporary works to facilitate the specialist contractors required on site.