Former Gilbarco Veeder Root Crompton Close, Basildon, SS14 3BA
In brief, we worked as the Principal Contractor on this site, the project comprised of the asbestos removal works (by a licensed subcontractor) and demolition to ground level of the existing Gilbarco Veeder Root office, factory unit and outbuilding. The existing sub-station on site was subject to separate making safe and stripping out by UK Power Network (UKPN), which was done as part of the site-wide development. The demolition works comprise of demolition of the buildings down to ground level and with all columns cut flush to the slab. All foundations, ground floor slabs, external service yard slabs, car parking areas etc were to remain in place.
General Scope of Works
- Asbestos removal by licensed sub-contractor.
- Soft strip works across all buildings.
- Working carefully around a live substation.
- Demolition of 2/3 storey office block.
- Demolition of single storey factory building.
- Crushing of suitable materials to 6F2 specification.
- Removal of all deleterious materials off site to the relevant licensed waste facility.
Commencing the works:
- Working as Principal Contractor we assessed the specialist plant required on site, and organised transportation of same, including excavators, transportation, welfare, labour, and site management.
- Liaising with local authority and preparing relevant notices / permits / Section 80/81 Demolition notices etc.
- Interaction with service providers (utility companies) to facilitate their works.
- Carried out the temporary works to facilitate the specialist contractors required on site (asbestos removal / UKPN etc).