Peter House, Oxford Street, Manchester, M1 5AN
General Scope of Works
- Extensive strip out – back to shell of the 10-storey building.
- Working on two floors at a time to minimise disruption to other “live” floors
- Concrete cutting out slabs to ground floor area to create atrium entrance feature.
- All waste throughout the floors was removed via the full building height hoist and scaffolding set up.
Allclear Site Services having secured the project in Manchester City Centre by successfully tendering the works on site.
Commencing the works:
- A full internal strip out back to shell was carried out throughout the 10-storey building.
- Working on the “live” site, work was carried out with minimum disruption to the building occupiers, working closely with the main contractor and client to achieve this.
- The removal of the concrete slab had to be carried out quietly with minimal vibration and no dust intrusion into to the adjacent areas situated on either side, above and below.
- All sawing and drilling works were carried out with full water control on top and below the slab.
- Our external technical team designed and installed a full working hoist with associated scaffolding to remove the waste generated floor by floor, with a secure loading base for our roll off skips to be removed off site safely with minimum disruption.
- Working in offices hours for the normal works, the Allclear team worked out of hours on the ground floor atrium feature works area to cause minimum disruption.
- Again, Allclear were able to meet our stringent target of recycling of all building materials off site.
Download Case Study